Sunday 14 February 2021

SCHIACCIATA

 

Grape Schiacciata ready for the oven
This is a fruit pizza traditionally made with grapes. Its name simply means squashed!

Around 500gms your favourite bread dough (proven)

400 gm grapes

¼ cup raw sugar.

Roll out dough into 2 flat rounds that fit on your lightly oiled tray.

Put one round onto tray then sprinkle ½ the grapes over. Leaving spaces in between. Sprinkle with a little sugar.

Put the second round over the first layer. Push the edges together to seal it.

Add more grapes, pushing them into the valleys formed by the grapes underneath.   Sprinkle with a little sugar.

Bake in a hot oven 220C for about 35 minutes.

Delicious hot or cold. Can be served with yogurt. Serves 6

VARIATIONS

Mulberry version
Mulberries, blackcurrants, gooseberries and red currants all work very well.

I like to halve the above recipe and make a savoury version as well. Using the same method I use small tomatoes, basil pesto and parmesan cheese.

On the first layer spread the pesto. Scatter the tomatoes (they can be cut in half if so, cut side down.)   Sprinkle with cheese.

Put on the second round firstly spreading it with pesto. Press down and add the tomatoes and sprinkle with cheese. Bake as above.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was questioning if you would like to be a visitor poster on my web site? and in exchange you could possibly embrace a hyperlink your post? Please reply while you get a chance and Ill ship you my contact particulars thanks. Anyway, in my language, there arent much good source like this.
Sources like the one you talked about right here will probably be very useful to me! I will submit a link to this web page on my blog. I am sure my guests will discover that very useful. Large thanks for the useful data i discovered on Domain Information Anyway, in my language, there arent much good supply like this.
obst und gemüsereiniger